Some random musings about my time on my bike while riding across Iowa with Team Cuisine.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The final recap

While the week of ragbrai is my favorite week of the year, the week after seems to be the hardest for me. That post-ragbrai hangover is a tough one. Whether it's because I won't be on my bike that day, having to get back to the real world, not seeing my teammates, not eating all day or any of the other 100 reasons I could list. I miss Iowa and the people of ragbrai.

Of course reality will set in and this will all be a distant memory. I will continue to remember the crazy stories, the funny stories, the heartwarming stories and the amazing stories until they fade into the back of my mind.

As far as the weather goes, last week could not have been any better. Nothing to hot during the day and nice and cool in the evenings. The wind seemed to be a little weird with headwinds heading north for 2 days and when we headed south, the headwinds were back. The only rain we saw were some little drops one morning and a 30 minute storm one of the nights I was in my tent. It was so perfect that I am afraid of what next year.

That seems to be it for this year's ragbrai posts. If I try to keep reliving more to block reality a little longer I may post more.

For anyone looking to see some of our photos you can check out the Team Cuisine Facebook page.

See you down the road!!

No comments: