Some random musings about my time on my bike while riding across Iowa with Team Cuisine.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

House captaining

I know this is a day late but there was some connection issues so I couldn't get this sent. Today's should be up later tonight.

Yesterday was my first attempt of being a house captain for Team Cuisine. This is something you are eligible for after 4 years on the team. This was all new to me but I was to get to the house with the chefs ahead of the team to answer any questions the host may have and solve any issues that come up.  My day was interesting.

We started with a breakfast buffet, so things were starting great. We got to the house in Cresco and the work started. Talking with the host about where we can sleep/shower while unloading the truck. All expected so far. A few more issues came up throughout the day but all were dealt with but since this was my first attempt as captain and I wanted to do it right I was a bit stressed. After my speech before dinner and after clean up I sat in the yard and listened to our traveling band, the Spokesmen, and relaxed a little, especially since we had the hostesses' father sir in I could finally relax. Mern was an old guitarist that had not played with a band for 25 years and he was a little nervous but his version of Okie from Muskogee was pretty good.

Dinner was 2 kinds of paella, one with chicken and Spanish chorizo and the other was octopus and shrimp, marinated mushrooms, some kale and a broccoli/pepper dish. It was great, of course.

Back

No comments: