Some random musings about my time on my bike while riding across Iowa with Team Cuisine.

Friday, July 27, 2018

The art of the SAG

Being one of the youngest members of Team Cuisine you would think i would ride every day but when duty calls....

After a rough night in the tent I started to get ready for a relatively easy ride I found out one of the cars needed a driver. After 3 milliseconds I decided I would step up and take one for the team, at least that's what I was telling myself. So started the SAG.

After a gruelling 45 minute drive over hills that would make me wimper on a bike we had a great breakfast at Billy's High Hat in Iowa city. It was a neat little cafe lined with pictures of famous drummers throughout the years. It was a cool little spot. Post breakfast it was time to drive to the house for the night and unload the truck. Not really near as hard as riding. Wrapping up my day in the hammock getting caught up on the blog was really a nice way to "take one for the team" 

Dinner tonight was a special one because our hosts are Kurt and Kim who were the owners of Devotay, until recently, and were our chefs for a long time. Of course with 35 riders descending on their house they still let Morgan and beau handle the kitchen. It is what they do!  The dynamic duo of beau and morgan whipped up fish dinner! We had wahoo/ono that was so flaky that it almost melted in your mouth. Along side that was a kale & carrot salad, potatoes & onions, the last of the cucumbers with a vinegar sauce, more fresh baked local bread and a pineapples/onion mixture that may have been one of my weekly highlights of a team cuisine. For dessert we had a homemade pudding with coconuts. Pretty good way to finish up the week.

After dinner was time to head to the festival to see the Jayhawks, this year's big name band. It was pretty darn good and in have always liked this band but watching a concert in a setting like that just isn't the same. Too many people talking around you. Still a great night.

No comments: